Monday, May 5, 2008

Backyard BBQ, Baby!

Gearing-Up For The Three-Day Weekend!

Every year I set out to plan the be-all end-all Memorial Day Blowout. And every year I get sidetracked and we end up eating pizza and potato chips.

But this year I found inspiration right here in The Attic! I was admiring a shiny new set of Betty’s Aluminum Tumblers (above) and it hit me–GO RETRO! The decor, music–even the food!

So slide into your clam diggers! Button up those camp shirts! We’re fixing a shindig and you’re invited!

To get people in the mood, I’m going to play the Fabulous Fifties CD Set! Over 3 hours of cardigan sweater classics like “Smoke Gets In Your Eyes,” “Blueberry Hill,” “Rags To Riches,” and “Too Young!”

Out back, I’m going to hang these Hula Girl Party Lights. They’re designed for end-to-end connection, so I can string up to 3 sets around the patio and deck. They bring back memories of summertimes past, smothered in cocoa butter, toes in the sand, not a care in the world!


And then...there’s the food!
Wanna know my secret weapons? Read on!

Our Campbell's Recipe Card Set packs a mighty 76 quick, delicious favorites from your childhood! Baked Macaroni & Cheese! Chicken & Biscuits! And oodles of mouth-watering, cheesy, creamy delights!



Patio Daddy-O is a super-hip cookbook bursting with backyard flavor! 45 sizzling recipes you won’t believe! Roasted Banana Splits! Jazzed-Out Blackberry Thyme Mojitos! Big Daddy’s High-Style Cheese-Stuffed Burgers! And Mr. Betty’s Attic gets to show off at the grill (you know how men are around fire...)

And just when they think I can’t POSSIBLY outdo myself, I’m going to unleash the chocolate!

Tucked inside my Hershey's Recipe Card Set are 99 ooey, gooey sinfully-sweet treats! Hershey's Best Brownies! Orange Streusel Coffeecake! Strawberry Chocolate-Chip Shortcake!



Oh yeahhhh...it’s gonna be good!
Help yourself to seconds! And have a fabulous fifties weekend!

No comments: