Friday, December 28, 2007

Celebrate The Super ‘70s!

Go Ahead—You Know You Love It!

As my kids text their friends about what they hope they’re getting for Christmas, Mr. Betty’s Attic is putting the finishing touches on the Cart-Style Popcorn Maker we bought for the family room this year. Since he likes to do those “construction things” by himself, I thought I’d take a little “me time” at the computer to regroup before The Big Day, and as usual, I'm browsing through our Betty’s Attic ‘70s stuff!

There’s something about The ‘70s that makes me grin. Maybe it’s the memories of feathered hair, polyester pants, disco balls, and Afterschool Specials, but I feel sorry for kids who don’t know what it was like to live through that fabulous decade! Sure, it had its embarrassing moments, but it had a lot of fun times, too!

Here are a few of my personal favorites: What girl didn’t want to don that Wonder Woman cape and tiara? Forget jewelry and fancy perfume—all we women need to feel gorgeous and invincible is this bright red Wonder Woman T-Shirt! I like to think of it as what Wonder Woman wears on laundry day!

When I was in the 6th grade, I had a friend named Cindy who was obsessed...obsessed...with John Schneider from The Dukes Of Hazzard while I was more of a Tom Wopat gal. We hung out every week watching the TV show, dreaming of riding in the General Lee. With this Light & Sound General Lee Die Cast, I can dream of being Mrs. Luke Duke when no one’s around!

And last but not least, my older brother’s (still) favorite band, The Hottest Band In The World: KISS! I used to tease him and say they were “gross,” but I secretly loved them! Now that I’m older, I love them even more and delight in embarrassing my kids by bringing my KISS Beach Towel on trips to the lake and the sandy shore. If it’s too loud, you’re too old! Rock on, mom!

Maybe 2008 will be the coolest year ever? Who knows? Until we find out, I'm sticking with The ‘70s...where every day is groooovy!
Happy Happy Holidays to all of you!

No comments: